In accordance with the latest Queensland Government announcement, visitors are currently restricted to all hospitals within the Local Government Areas of City of Brisbane, Gold Coast and Moreton Bay Region.
These restrictions mean you can only visit someone in hospital if you are:
- A partner and/or support person for a patient admitted for care related to their pregnancy
- Support worker or informal carer (including family and friends) providing support for someone with a disability.
- Other exceptions on a case-by-case basis approved by the hospital CEO
Any persons permitted to enter a hospital must not enter, or remain on, the premises without wearing a face mask.
ALL ESSENTIAL HOSPITAL VISITORS
The following Queensland Health COVID-19 restrictions remain unchanged.
· Restrictions on entry for persons to hospitals i.e persons in quarantine, or persons with symptoms consistent with COVID-19
Unless you are a patient at our hospital, you cannot visit if you:
· have been diagnosed with COVID-19
· have returned from overseas, interstate (resided, visited or transited through a known declared hotspot in the last 14 days)
· have been asked to self-quarantine
· have had contact with a person with COVID-19 in the last 14 days
· have a fever (37.5 degrees or more) or a cough, runny nose, sore throat or breathing difficulties, loss of the sense of smell or an altered sense of taste.
Routine health screening remains in place at our hospital entrance, before patients, essential visitors and any persons wishing to access our hospital may enter.
If you have any symptoms at all, please also get tested immediately and quarantine at home until you receive a negative result.
We will continue to closely monitor the evolving situation and follow guidance issued by Queensland Health and amend these measures as necessary.
Thank you for your understanding and continued support to keep our community safe.
Further information on the latest Queensland Health directives can be found via the Queensland Government website at www.health.qld.gov.au